If you were convicted of a crime and sentenced to an excessive or overly punitive term of imprisonment under California’s old sentencing guidelines, or if you have served a significant portion of a long prison sentence and you feel you have been rehabilitated and are ready to re-enter society, a successful AB 2942 petition can provide you with a second chance at freedom.