Under California law, a petition for a reduced sentence pursuant to SB 1437 must be filed with your defense attorney, the court that sentenced you and the agency that prosecuted you. The petition must include a declaration showing that you are eligible for resentencing, which an experienced criminal appeals attorney can help you with.